We made this delicious salad dressing for dinner tonight. It reminds me of Benihana dressing (yummy). We put it over some butter lettuce that we got at the Farmer’s Market and added some baby tomatoes to make the perfect salad. Although the olive oil/lemon juice/dijon mustard salad dressing is my go to, it was nice to change it up!
Wasabi Salad Dressing
Adapted from David’s recipe here
Makes 1/2 cup of dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (squeeze about 3 Mexican limes to make this)
- 2 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh peeled ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce (you can leave this out if hard to find)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup oil (we used canola)
- Mix together the lime juice and wasabi in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until well blended
- Serve over butter lettuce and ripe avocado (I LOVE avocado).
Perfect summer salad!