I know it seems like we have avocado with every meal… but we love it and living in California we are lucky to have fresh avocado available all year long! Tonight we made this SUPER simple salad and served it with barramundi (a light white fish), steamed zucchini and bok choy.
- 5 large handfuls rocket (*Rocket is wild baby arugula)
- Baby tomatoes (*We grew these in our backyard, these are our first batch!)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- half of a lemon, squeezed
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Lay the rocket, baby tomatoes and avocado in serving bowl
- Drizzle olive oil over the top (keep it light, overdressed salads are the worst)
- Squeeze the lemon over the salad, grind pepper (a few turns) and add 2 pinches of salt over the top
We served it with this barramundi.
We put the fish in the oven for 15 minutes with some olive oil and lemon juice. Once it came out of the oven we topped it with this wasabi dressing, which we made the other night for the butter lettuce salad. We steamed the zucchini and bok choy over the stove (super easy in the double broiler).
Another perfect summer dinner!