I had salmon for lunch yesterday with some green beans and I saved half of the salmon for today. And although I am a creature of habit, I can only eat so much salmon. So I wanted to spice it up, but keep it simple.
So I chopped the salmon up, added some low fat mozzarella and butter lettuce and wrapped in a low carb/ Mission Plus tortilla. Since everything tastes better when it is in a wrap right?
This is a great idea for leftovers of any kind really – I would use chicken or other types of fish as long as they are spiced well or you use a strong cheese. I used pepper jack cheese with my salmon to give it a little kick.
- 3-4 ounces of cold cooked salmon (*I am lucky to have fresh cooked salmon at home, but you can also use one of these Chicken of the Sea pre-made salmon packs)
- 1 Whole Wheat Mission Plus tortilla
- 2 sticks of low fat pepper jack cheese (*I like these from Target)
- 4 pieces of butter lettuce
- Slice both pieces of cheese into 4 smaller pieces. Layer onto middle of tortilla.
- Slice up salmon and place along middle of tortilla (keep it in the center so you can wrap it).
- Fold up tortilla (I needed to use a toothpick to keep it together).
- Heat in toaster oven for 3 minutes to get tortilla crunchy, then bake in toaster oven for 5 minutes at 325 degrees. (*This ensures it is crispy, but not burnt and heated all the way through).
- Add butter lettuce into wrap or on top (sometimes it’s easier to just hold it on the top).