Today I wanted Veggie Grill, I pretty much thought about it from the time I left the gym at 8 am to the time I left the office at 7. But I was tired and thought I should make something for my dad and me since my mom is gone. And I want to have Veggie Grill for my treat day tomorrow haha.
So instead I put together this semi-homemade meal. I hate putting those words together, my mother told me that “semi-homemade” is really just “store bought” in different words. But I really can’t take much credit in terms of creating this dinner, I simply threw it together.
This is simply a spicy spinach pizza from Trader Joe’s baked in the oven for 10 minutes, topped with avocado (I mean could I have a post without avocado!?) and salad with a quick lemon/olive oil dressing. And it was AMAZING and so much better than Veggie Grill (not to worry, I’m still going tomorrow).
And get this:
Spicy Spinach Pizza with Avocado and Salad
Ingredients for one individual pizza:
- 1 Spicy Spinach Pizza from Trader Joe’s
- 1/4 avocado sliced length wise
- 2 large handfuls of mixed greens
- Dressing (see below)
- Heat pizza in oven at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes (it really depends on how crispy you want your crust)
- Layer sliced avocado over pizza and top with greens and 1 tsp dressing (you can eat the salad on the side, but there is something about the dressing that gives the pizza some punch).
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (takes 1-2 lemons)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- salt and pepper (sprinkle of each)
- Pour all ingredients into a mason jar. Close and shake until emulsified. We usually sprinkle some salt and fresh pepper over the top of the salad as well.
- FYI, this makes a lot of dressing, so just pop the mason jar into the fridge after each use. When you take it out of the fridge sometimes the dressing looks like it’s a solid and stuck together. Just run hot water over the closed mason jar and it’l break it up.