When my dinner plans fell through at the last minute tonight, I had to think of a plan B. Part of me just wanted to go and get Veggie Grill, but as I was sitting in bed reading through my food/fitness/healthy blogs, I came across this sandwich made with kidney beans and I thought “this looks easy,” so I concocted this masterpiece.
I toasted up a Thomas bagel thin I had in the fridge, but really andy type of bread or pita would work. I used Feta cheese which we had picked up at the Farmer’s Market earlier in the week, but any type of cheese will work (goat, mozzarella, or even pepper jack).
Koko’s Bagel and Kidney Bean Sandwich
- 1 Thomas Bagel Thin (or other sandwich bread or pita) toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive tapenade (you can use hummus or pesto also)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (or a few slices of any other kind)
- 1/2 can of kidney beans
- Spoon tapenade over both halves of the bagel thin. Sprinkle feta over top.
2. Place kidney beans in a bowl, heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Mash with a spoon.
3. Spoon kidney beans over one side of the bagel. Combine halves and eat!
I could have eaten three of these… but I restrained myself. I have a feeling this is going to be added into my lunch rotation very soon. Yummy!!!