Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Q likes to joke that if it were up to me I would eat breakfast for every meal (this is true). We all know my obsession with oatmeal, but I actually really love a good fried egg sandwich. I used to be terrified of runny eggs (something about making everything else on the plate soggy), but I’ve recently changed my ways and today I was determined to make my own.
This was also my first time ever frying an egg! (As you can see in the photo above, I had to fry two eggs since the first one I tried cooked all the way through. Not to worry, instead of tossing it out I just added it to my sammie.)
Fried Egg Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for frying egg)
- 1 egg
- 2 pieces of toast (I used Orowheat 100% whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons MMM sauce
- 3 slices of tomato
- 2 pieces of lettuce
- Place a medium frying pan on the stove. Heat the pan on high heat for at least 30 seconds and then add your olive oil. Make sure to coat the bottom of pan.
- Crack egg into pan. Let the egg sit and cook. It is done when the whites are cooked through and the edges begin to turn up.
- Remove pan from stove and set aside.
- Layer the mmm sauce onto both sides of toast. On one side, layer your tomatoes. Place egg on top of tomatoes (gently, you don’t want to break your yolk), top with lettuce and other piece of toast.
- Cut sandwich in half and enjoy. (Make sure to sop up the runny yolk with your toast!).