I love fries. Yup, full admission. If I have the choice of fries or fruit as my side, you better believe I am picking the fries. I decided to stay in last night instead of going to dinner as planned (yes, the reason is that I could not stop playing with my new camera). But I was craving some fries. And we had a sweet potato. And then these were made:
A quick step by step:
To start, you peel your sweet potato and chop it into even pieces (around 1/2 inch each)
Sweet Potato Fries
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- Heat over to 450 degrees.
- Peel sweet potato. Chop into 1/2 inch slices.
- Coat slices evenly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle your salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and rosemary over the top. Make sure each slice is coated.
- Layer slices on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until fries are brown and crisp. Flip fries halfway through.