Yesterday I was craving a sweet (what’s new right?)- I really just wanted a simple, easy cookie and I wanted it fast (I was NOT waiting to refrigerate my dough). My favorite go-to quick cookie recipe is from the back of the Nestle Tollhouse bag of chocolate chips. It has never done me wrong.
This time around I wanted to make the cookies a little differently – instead of just putting in the 2 cups of chocolate chips, I put in 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, 1/2 white chocolate chips and 1 cup chocolate chips. The tastes came together perfectly – I especially loved the butterscotch edition, although 1/2 cup was just enough, otherwise they would have overpowered the cookies.
These cookies are so simple to make and great for keeping in the freezer. I have a bunch of my college girlfriends coming into town next weekend and I already know I will be bringing these out for them! PS I wish you all could have heard the 20 minute conversation I had with my mom over what to name these cookies- some suggestions were : Chip-alicous, Chip Loaded, Lots of Chips… it sort of stressed me out, so hopefully my title does the trick 🙂
Ultimate Chip Lovers Cookie
Makes 2 1/2 dozen
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened (leave it on the counter for 30 minutes before you want to bake)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy (about 2 -3 minutes). (*Always over-beat instead of under-beat in this stage of baking.)
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture until just combined. By hand, stir in your chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and white chocolate chips.
- Drop dough in 1 1/2 tablespoon balls onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Adapted from the recipe on the back of the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip bag.