Egg McMuffins are usually not good for you (shocker right?). This easy version is actually low-cal and high in fiber and protein, both good things! I had this Egg baby after a run this afternoon for a quick protein pick-me-up, but clearly I think it belongs in the breakfast category. There are so many varieties to making this (adding Canadian Bacon or turkey bacon, maybe some black beans or Mexican cheese). I enjoyed it simply…
One of these:
Healthy Egg McMuffin
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon nonfat milk
- pinch of salt
- pinch of fresh pepper
- 1 English Muffin
- 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite salsa
- Spray a large mug with cooking spray. Add egg whites, egg, milk, salt and pepper into mug. Whisk until all ingredients are combined. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Toast English Muffin until just browned. (I put it in the toaster oven for 4 minutes).
- Spread Laughing Cow cheese on both sides of the toasted English Muffin. Place egg mixture on top of one half of the English Muffin. Add your salsa on top of your egg and top entire combination with the other half of the English Muffin to make a sandwich. Enjoy.