I woke up this morning in Raleigh and opened up my curtains and saw green trees for miles. One thing I dislike about LA is the lack of green, so this really made my morning. The fresh, crisp air was so nice to breath in!
For breakfast, I had a quick cup of coffee, some oats and a biscuit (when in the South right?).
And finally, yesterday’s travel outfit was one of my favorites:
(the dogs liked the outfit too)
The cashmere sweater was like a blanket on the plane and kept me warm. I was really excited to wear my new leopard print jeans. I was a little skeptical when I bought these (I mean leopard jeans?), but they actually work as a great neutral. I’ve had these cute little oxford shoes for a little while and wasn’t sure what to wear them with, so I was excited to finally be able to whip them out with this outfit. They are slip-ons, so easy for the airport.
Back to LA tonight!
Egg McMuffins are usually not good for you (shocker right?). This easy version is actually low-cal and high in fiber and protein, both good things! I had this Egg baby after a run this afternoon for a quick protein pick-me-up, but clearly I think it belongs in the breakfast category. There are so many varieties to making this (adding Canadian Bacon or turkey bacon, maybe some black beans or Mexican cheese). I enjoyed it simply…
One of these:
Plus one of these:
Plus a mug of these:
Topped with these:
Healthy Egg McMuffin
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon nonfat milk
- pinch of salt
- pinch of fresh pepper
- 1 English Muffin
- 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite salsa
- Spray a large mug with cooking spray. Add egg whites, egg, milk, salt and pepper into mug. Whisk until all ingredients are combined. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Toast English Muffin until just browned. (I put it in the toaster oven for 4 minutes).
- Spread Laughing Cow cheese on both sides of the toasted English Muffin. Place egg mixture on top of one half of the English Muffin. Add your salsa on top of your egg and top entire combination with the other half of the English Muffin to make a sandwich. Enjoy.